FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit
Cherokee Communications is participating in a temporary federal program that could save most customers on their monthly internet bill. This page will be updated regularly as new information is available. Scroll down to register for updates.
How much will customers save, and what do we know about the program?
Details are still coming in, but we know that our customers may qualify for up to $75 off their monthly internet over the duration of the program.
Who is this for?
This is a nationwide program. Locally, the program should be open to new or current customers. This program provides relief to areas affected by COVID, so if you're in our service area, there's a good chance you qualify for up to $75/month off your internet bill.
How do you qualify?
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program;
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers’ existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
How do customers take advantage of this?
If you're a Cherokee customer, fill out the form below. You may be asked to complete an eligibility form. We'll send instructions as they're made available.
What's the timeline?
We should know in the next few weeks additional details on how to register. We know now that customers will need to complete the application, and we'll update this page as information becomes available.
For more information please visit the FCC's consumer FAQ.
Broadband Benefit Interest Form
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form. Please reload the page and try again.
©2020 Cherokee Communications. All rights reserved. Rates and offerings subject to change without notice. Not available in all areas. Call for availability.