Spot the signs of fraud, and learn how to report it if it happens by email, text, or phone.
Spot the signs of fraud
Some users report attempts at fraud online. Typically, these come as email, text message, or phone call disguised as someone you may recognize or trust.
- We will never request your password or bank information over email.
- Even though an email may look like it comes from someone you recognize, always check the domain of the email sender. For instance, our emails come from email@example.com.
- Never click a link from an unknown source.
- Never download an attachment from an unknown source.
- Never share personal information, such as your password, bank info, or social security number.
- You should never share password or bank information over email.
- Forward suspicious emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
We update this page regularly. Please check back periodically for more information.
403 N Service Road
Calera, OK 74730
Main Office Hours:
8am-5pm, Monday through Friday
*Effective September 30, 2021, our main office is closed on Saturdays.