TV Everywhere - FAQ
Want to watch TV on the go? TV Everywhere delivers TV programming to devices other than TV sets, including PC, laptop, iPad, iPhone or Android device.
TV Everywhere is free with your TV subscription. All it takes is a subscription to the network you want to watch and compatible device. Service includes live TV for networks that offer live streaming and full episodes of current TV shows.*
How much does it cost?
Nothing. At this time, there is no extra cost for TV Everywhere, so feel free to explore. There is nothing available at this site that will result in an extra cost to you (except overage charges from your cellular carrier). You only need to be a subscriber to the TV network. This may change over time depending on the requirements made by the individual TV networks.
Where can I watch TV Everywhere?
The answer is just about everywhere. TV Everywhere works anywhere you can receive an Internet signal: inside your house, at the office, shopping mall, hotel, airport, vacation home and more! Wired connections and in-home WiFi will provide the best quality. The quality of TV Everywhere signals while roaming (airports, stores, etc.) will vary depending on the strength of the signal. Be extra careful when you travel, especially outside the US. Data roaming charges may apply and can be expensive.
What programs are available?
Different networks make different programs available at different times. Each TV network makes their own decision about what to make available on TV Everywhere. For example, the live feed of CNN is available. However, the live feed of TBS is not. Instead, TBS offers full episodes of their popular programs.
Why aren't all programs available?
A TV network doesn't necessarily own all of the rights to all of the programs they transmit. For instance, a TV network may have the right to transmit a movie, but only to TV sets, not on TV Everywhere. So, it depends on the TV network.
Will other networks become available?
Yes. We are working with many different program providers to expand the number of networks and the number of programs available on TV Everywhere. Registered users are presented with a complete list of all the networks available to them. You will see them automatically when they are added.
How do I use TV Everywhere?
It is easy to start using TV Everywhere. The first step is registration.
- Select Cherokee Communications as your TV provider from the drop down menu and click on Submit.
- Click on Register. You will need two pieces of information to register-your account number and the correct spelling of the last name on the account. The best thing to do is have your latest invoice handy.
- You will be asked to provide an email address. This will be your user name. This can be any valid email address.
- Provide a password.
- Select a password reset question.
- Supply the answer to the password reset question.
- Click on Register.
- Now, check the email address you just provided. You will find an email message with your TV Everywhere activation link. Click on the link to complete the registration process.
- You are done and can begin to enjoy TV Everywhere.
- It is important that you keep your username and password confidential. Use of your credentials by others will result in loss of TV Everywhere privileges.
To watch TV Everywhere, visit www.watchtveverywhere.com
- Select "Cherokee Communications" from the dropdown menu.
- Click Log In.
- Enter your username and password.
- Select the TV Network you want to watch.
- Click on the network and you will see a list of the available programs.
Which TV Everywhere programs can I watch?
Once you are registered, you can watch any TV Everywhere program as long as you are a subscriber to that network and it is available in your area. For example, you must be an HBO subscriber to watch HBO's TV Everywhere programs.
Which devices can I use?
Almost all TV Everywhere programs are available on all devices (PC, laptop, iPad, iPhone, Android phone). Some TV networks have not made their programs available on all devices. Visit the iPhone or iPad App Store and search by the network name for available applications.
How many different devices can I use?
There is no limit to the number of devices you can use. However, TV networks may limit the number you can use at the same time.
Does watching TV Everywhere count against my mobile data plan?
It may. Check your data plan before you start watching TV Everywhere on a smart phone or wireless network. TV Everywhere programs transmit a lot of data. That can become expensive if you have a limited data plan. Please know that we have no way of knowing when you have exceeded your data plan. You are responsible for all of the charges made by your mobile carrier.
*Based on availability. Data charges may apply. Contact your mobile carrier for details.